Political Economy Analysis for Improved Public Investment in Health Kaduna-Kano-Borno-Yobe-Federal Level
Location: Federal Level, Kaduna, Kano, Borno,Yobe Nigeria
Contract type: Short term technical assistance consultancy
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date: Friday, 14 August 2020
- Political Economy Analysis for Human Capital Development – Kaduna
The consultant will be expected to:
- To undertake a political economy analysis to understand how the ministry of health and related institutions operate in planning, budgeting, release and expenditure for effective health care delivery
- To provide an analysis of the power relations of stakeholders making decisions relating to planning, budgeting, release and expenditure, including the ministry of health and related institutions, and how these power relations influence planning, budgeting, release and expenditure of health funding
- To identify areas of political traction for the ministry of health and related institutions on improving public investment for health
- To identify enablers and blockers for improved public investment for health, as well as the interests and incentives of decision makers
- To consider and examine the specific interventions needed to support and strengthen both the ministry of health and related institutions improve public investment for health.
- To identify and map out the opportunities and challenges for the state, ministry of health and related institutions in improving public investment for health
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualification, in the Social Sciences including Political Sciences or Health Economics
- At least 6-8 years of relevant experience of working on health financing, health systems strengthening, and accountability in Nigeria
- Experience conducting applied political economy analysis
- Proven ability to facilitate workshops or focus group discussions to generate information
- Experience conducting qualitative research with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to integrate, synthesize and communicate complex ideas verbally, in writing and in other visual formats.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with state and local governments and civil society
- To apply, please click on the respective link above.
- Closing date: 14 August 2020
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including CRC, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision