The consultant will support the MSH RSSH Procurement and Operations unit with the following:
- Review accuracy and completeness of specifications of goods/services to be procured
- Support the preparation and issuance of Requests for Quotations, Invitation to Bids, Request for Proposals to potential bidders.
- Support development of draft contracts for clearance and approval by management.
- Tracking of all Procurement of goods/ services and works to ensure timelines and specifications are met.
- Assist in the management of contracts,purchase orders, long-term agreements in accordance with MSH policy and donor regulations and procedures.
- Support the undertaking of market research to identify and recommend potential suppliers, facilitate & support the registration of new vendors/suppliers and compile data/documents to support the selection of vendors/suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Support the preparation of Purchase Orders, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services.
- Contribute to negotiations with vendors/suppliers on terms and conditions of orders and contracts, alongside the Procurement Specialist and/or the Senior Operations Manager, in order to obtain the best value for MSH.
- Support the research, collection and analysis of data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by the Procurement Unit, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the compilation of consolidated Procurement Plans on the basis of review of all Annual Work Plans.
- Compile logs for Request for Quotation, Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposal, Memorandum of Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Contracts, Long Term Agreement etc.
- Maintain up-to-date and complete records, documentation and filing of all procurement processes to support regular updates on procurement timelines and ensure regular communication within MSH of the expected delivery timelines.
- Other Procurement and Operations tasks and functions that may be required.
Completed assigned Tasks during the duration of the consultancy
- A University degree in any field. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant work procurement experience in an NGO
- Knowledge of and experience in Global Fund and NGO Procurement/Operational Rules and Regulations
- Proficiency in current MS Office software applications and other procurement software is essential. Familiarity with QuickBooks will be an asset.
- Experience in managing procurement plans and contract tracking tools
- Ability to work under pressure and excellent and human relation skills
- Strong analytical skill
- Very strong report writing skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and impacts
- Team player
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral & Written communication skills.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.