Procurement Assistant – The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Webcruiter ID: 4264776665
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment type: Contract
Application: July 16, 2020 – July 30, 2020
Reports to: The Logistics Technical Assistant reports to the Logistics Officer.
- We are looking for a Procurement Assistant for our field office in Yola, Adamawa State in Northern Nigeria.
- The purpose of the Logistics/Procurement Technical Assistant is to support program activities in Yola, Adamawa State.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Prepare requests for quotations and source bids & quotations in accordance with NRC procurement regulations.
- Liaise with receiving units and suppliers to collect invoices and Delivery documents.
- Prepare the payment request, ensure a complete paper trail is attached, and submit to the Procurement Officer for verification.
- Maintain proper files for procurement documents (as per local filling procedures)
- Assist the Procurement Officer in establishing and coordinating routine processes and procedures for the Procurement department.
- Any other task reasonably assigned by the supervisor
- University Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the local market
- Knowledge of local language (Hausa)
- Previous (1yr) experience working in a Logistics department (preferably NGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications)
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: 1st August 2020
- Duration: 5 months (One-year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade level 4, Step 1
- Duty station: Yola, with occasional travels. Travel outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria nationals only.