Pact seeks a Program Assistant for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners.
The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative and coordination support to the Program team with the implementation of program activities and capacity development support for local partners.
· Support implementation of OVC capacity development activities in collaboration with the program team.
· Support the coordination and logistics for trainings for local partners on DREAMS and OVC service delivery topics, USAID and PEPFAR financial management, operations, human resources, grants management, monitoring and evaluation, and other topics as required.
· Support with organization of meetings and peer learning opportunities among local partners and project stakeholders.
· Provide administrative support to the project’s Senior Management Team for meeting planning, documentation, and logistics.
· Coordinate logistics and travel for project staff and short-term technical assistance providers.
· Support the development and management of the project’s filing systems, to ensure that program and administrative documentation is well organized, accessible to staff for knowledge management, and in line with USAID requirements.
· Assist in monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
· Provide administrative support as needed.
· Other duties as may be required.
· BA/B.Sc. in, public health, public administration, business, international development, or other related field.
· At least two (2) years of work experience in HIV/AIDS, public health, OVC, or capacity development programs.
· Excellent communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and stakeholders.
· Experience in OVC case management, DREAMS programs, and/or capacity development would be a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
· Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
· Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
· Willingness to travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
· Demonstrated success implementing programming at the community level
· Expertise in and sensitivity to the socio-cultural barriers facing intended beneficiaries for this program
· Local candidates preferred