This Psychologist job is to provide specialized services and individual psychological support for people with moderate to severe mental and/or emotional disorders or in need of mental health and psycho-social services (MHPSS). The role-holder will further ensure quality (MHPSS) services in the different areas of intervention.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities of Psychologist job
- Carry out evaluation of the mental health needs of patients/beneficiaries and establish a diagnosis and a plan of treatment following WHO mHGAP approach and INTERSOS case management protocols.
Referring cases to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition.
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to beneficiaries in need in order to improve their Psycho-social and mental health conditions according to INTERSOS,mHGAP and other standards protocols.
- Document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent, and ensure that data protection protocols are respected
- Assist in training staff members (protection and health) and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope and implementation of MHPSS activities. Facilitate training for internal staff and communities on psychosocial first aid (PFA) & strengthen community-based psychosocial support and peer support group activities.
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (Protection Coordinator, Medical Coordinator,
GBV/MHPSS Specialist) for the development of the project’s overall MHPSS component. Reviewing and developing the technical materials, tools, guidelines and documents, and coordinating and ensuring the implementation of all MHPSS standard protocols and procedures set by INTERSOS in order to provide the most appropriate case management.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non- discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with relevant partners and other project stakeholders working in the project areas.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Professional clinical psychology License
- Minimum 3 years of relevant clinical psychology work experience
- At least one year in NGO providing psychotherapy services will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- Fully developed competencies and skills in psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Capacity to work under pressure, flexibility.
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people. We seek applications from qualified Nigerians for the role of Psychologists.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Supervision of : N/A
Organization : INTERSOS
Posted : 14 Jul 2020
Closing date : 24 Jul 2020
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname
The position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will
be contacted. Application deadline: apply no later than 24th July 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.