Job Summary:The Regional Finance Manager is responsible for the training of Finance Managers, including QuickBooks accounting software, RTI’s Finance Manual, finance and accounting policies & procedures, payroll setup and monthly close process. In addition, regularly monitoring cash advance balances, petty cash balances, and VAT receivables. Scheduling ad hoc meetings with Finance Managers as extended support forums, to review financial performance and ensure compliance to RTI policies and procedures.
This role also guides the Finance Manager in ensuring that the proper office procedures and segregation of duties are in place at project startup to ensure that each project operates within RTI policies and appropriate internal controls. Act as interim Finance Manager when a Finance Manager has not been assigned to a project. Monitor local tax laws and requirements to ensure compliance.
Essential Duties of The Regional Finance Manager:
• Training and on-boarding of project Finance Managers. Training include, but is not limited to, the following topical areas: QuickBooks accounting solutions, payroll and payroll tax compliance, design and monitoring internal control systems, and month end reporting, cash advances, tax laws.
• Employ financial oversight and supportive monitoring to ensure project expenses are in accordance with RTI accounting policies and procedures.
•The Regional Finance Manager work closely with field office leadership and project management to ensure adequate internal controls exist to minimize risk
• The Regional Finance Manager Support month end closing processes to ensure organized, complete and properly approved expense reports and reconciliations are delivered to Home Office as per approved month-end closing calendar.
•The Regional Finance Manager provide temporary technical assignments during long absence of Finance Managers, start up and close out of projects.
• Ensure updated, clear concise written accounting and finance policies and procedure manuals for project offices under direct supervision.
• Support internal and external audits of projects
• Support recruitment process for Finance Directors and Managers across the region
• Prepare reports as requested by management and RTI Home and Regional Office
• The Regional Finance Manager Keep informed for local tax laws and compliance requirements
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Master’s degree and 7 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles
• Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization
• Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, and Costpoint.
• 5+ years of experience backstopping USAID or DFID funded projects in multiple countries in Africa.
• Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word and power point presentations
• Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable
• Experience as a Finance Manager for a USAID/DFID project is desirable
• French and English proficiency is required.
• 40%-50% travel required
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at HRethics@rti.org. Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the HRethics@rti.org email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above.
Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time; operating a computer and other office machinery; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between offices and laboratories; frequently conducting laboratory site inspections (if applicable), ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines, ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week as workload and deadlines may require, consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.