Our Client is looking for an experienced Rice Development Manager, who will be responsible for orienting, detecting growth opportunities in the sector, leading projects and sealing commercial partnerships throughout the West and Central Africa sub-region (including Nigeria). Must speak fluent French.
Required profile of Rice Development Manager
- The Rice Development Manager prospect, design, execute and follow the sales plan focused on developing income from the rice sector. This development must be done in partnership with governments, agricultural input companies, commercial farms, and the public and private sectors in the geographic areas described above.
- Participate in the strategic orientation of the sector and propose creative solutions to retain customers
- Identify new growth opportunities by building on existing relationships and establishing new relationships between the private and public sectors, NGOs, government, commerce and SHF.
- Develop and manage the distribution channels of the rice product portfolio in the geographic areas
- Monitor the sales performance of the sector’s portfolio in the geographic areas listed.
- Anticipate developments in the sector and the market with the aim, in particular, of detecting opportunities for partnerships, disposals or takeovers.
- The Rice Development Manager build and organize the selection, promotion, launch of new products, etc.
- Do competitive intelligence.
- Work closely with the Research and Development team to register portfolio varieties of rice products in accordance with regulatory requirements in different geographic regions.
- Implement partnerships, inter-company contracts, negotiate contracts
- Identify, recruit and integrate high performance distribution partners in the sub-region.
- Build both technical and economic offers (develop budgets).
- Coordinate working groups to assess the interest of a development project for the company.
- Provide technical and commercial support to countries
- Establish project monitoring and evaluation tools
- Write project report
Bachelor or master’s degree in the area of business specialization: Science Agriculture
- 10 years of business or sales experience in agriculture, preferably focused on rice or grains in the West African market
Knowledge of the seed industry and Agrochemicals is highly desired