Who we are
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The Senior Coordinator, DevOps Engineering is responsible for creating continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different engagements and technologies. S/he translates software requirements into a workable programming code as well as develops and maintains programs for business use.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Creates continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a variety of different technologies
- Collaborates with the product and engineering teams to design, build and maintain efficient tools and frameworks to manage highly performant applications
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments.
- Develops state-of-the-art monitoring and metrics gathering systems.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Follows best practices for quality, testability & operability.
- Mentor on-site deployment engineers and verify that work is done as requested.
- Driving our culture of empowerment, ownership, and accountability.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, and engineering managers to build a world-class product for our partners, advertisers, and users.
- Promote engineering team growth and development technically and professionally.
- Working closely with engineers to improve process and code quality.
- Identify and track down bugs/errors in our platforms and processes.
- Cloud and software/systems engineering.
- Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and microservices..
- Experience using project management tools for planning, tracking, and releasing products.
- Able to dive deep and exhibit superb problem-solving skills
- Expects and requires innovation of his/her team.
- Possesses the ability to inspire passion in others.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Technology, or other related field or equivalent years of education and work experience or any related field.
- 5+ years of practical operational experience with Linux systems in a DevOps or engineering role.
- Good knowledge of the AWS and GCP
- Experience with running Kubernetes in production (we use Helm).
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible etc).
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go).
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. TravisCI, ConcourseCI, etc).
- Good understanding of Monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus)
- Fluent in several software developments and architecture paradigms and techniques, with the ability to provide the best mix of these techniques with high quality, scalable, flexible, and reliable solutions while keeping up with the Company’s growth.
- Ability to assess and learn new technology quickly.
- You value automation and reproducibility above everything
- You are eager to solve challenging problems using new technologies
- You like to work with open source technologies
- Capability of adapting to rapidly changing business requirements is required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Experience with deploying enterprise-scale, distributed, high performance, mission-critical software applications are required.
- Must have flexibility in working hours, including on-call availability and the willingness to work
- holidays. Excellent customer service skills.
The eHealth Africa work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
INNOVATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING:
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.