It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Development to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the Ghana Team, the Senior Manager, Business Development will:
- Lead and develop a business development strategy and an action plan based on the existing donor scoping and funding plan
- Implement a programme funding strategy, based on sustainable income growth for WaterAid Ghana to deliver its WASH objectives
- Support the development of high-quality bids for submission to donors;
- Lead on continuous donor scoping and relationship building, gathering and sharing intelligence
- Management of bid development processes for technical/narrative proposal and budgets, working closely with Programme and Finance Teams; and
- Maintain an overview of all grants, follow-up implementation schedules, reporting timelines and ensuring compliance with grant agreements and contractual obligations.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A Master’s degree in International Development, Institutional Development, Business Management / Administration, or related fields.
- Strong experience in programme funding from institutional donors such as the EU, DFID, USAID, DANIDA etc., raising and managing funds from UN Agencies such as UNDP and UNICEF and development partners, managing relationships with the Government of Ghana and Civil Society Organizations in Ghana.
- Good knowledge of international development, West Africa and Africa in general, with at least five years of experience at senior management level.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Click on ‘Apply’ to download the job description.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV to email@example.com using Application for Senior Manager, Business Development as the subject of the email.
- Full-time staff position
- Posted on 24 July 2020
- Accra, Ghana
- Closing on 22 September 2020
- Deadline: 10 August 2020
- Interviews: w/c 24 August 2020
- Salary: GHC152,536 – GHC167,790 pa with excellent benefits
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ghana.