Job Summary: The Shared Services Manager (SSM) is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective delivery of Regional Office finance, travel, and logistics. The SSM leads Kenya office payroll management, accounting and financial management, supervision of travel and logistics function. This role also guides the Regional Finance Specialist and other accounting staff on RTI accounting policies and procedures.
Essential Duties of The Shared Services Manager
- The Shared Services Manager Manages regional office financial transactions and reporting.
• Support month end closing processes to ensure organized, complete, and properly approved expense reports and reconciliations are delivered to Home Office as per approved month-end closing calendar.
• The Shared Services Manager develop and update finance policies and procedure manuals.
• Support internal and external audits of projects.
• Manage Kenya local payroll processing, act as point of contact to internal and external clients on all payroll related issues.
• Manage vendor relations and activity involving Sage Solutions.
• Keep abreast of Kenya tax and labor laws and related compliance requirements.
• Manage digital portal for the travel and staff expense prepaid card program.
• Manage digital portal for the mobile money program.
• Work with Regional and Project Finance teams to devise shared cost allocations and financial processes to enable accurate charging of costs.
• Manage shared budget allocations for rent, office space, utilities, insurance, communications, and common general office costs.
• Lead travel and logistics team. Manage regional office fleet in collaboration with travel and logistics support team.
• The Shared Services Manager supervise regional finance specialist or accountant.
• Prepare Regional Office bi-monthly cash forecasts, monitor cash flow and reconcile cash accounts to maintain appropriate cash balances.
• Ensure efficient and effective travel procedures are in place.
• Prepare reports as requested by management and RTI Home and Regional Office.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Master’s degree and 6 years of experience or bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Below are skills and abilities required to perform the essential duties of this job.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles
- Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization
- Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, payroll systems, travel, and logistics solutions.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a busy finance and operations department.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word, and power point presentations
- English proficiency is required.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at HRethics@rti.org. Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the HRethics@rti.org email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.