SNV Jobs in Africa-Sector Leader Agriculture – NIGER.SNV Niger seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, result-oriented and proven professional who will work with the country team in Niger to provide leadership to SNV’s agriculture sector (including youth employment).
Job Description-SNV Jobs in Africa
SNV’s Agriculture Sector Leader is responsible for the overall quality of agriculture program implementation, business development / resource mobilisation, steering the quality of content and overall management of the SNV Niger’s Agriculture programs. The Agriculture Sector Leader will enhance the quality and visibility of our agriculture programs and positions SNV within the national agriculture sector. The Agriculture Sector Leader reports directly to the Country Director and collaborates closely with the Global Agriculture Sector Team.
Responsibilities-SNV Jobs in Africa
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level Agriculture strategy (including youth employment) aligned to corporate Agriculture sector strategic frameworks;
- Representation: represent SNV for the agriculture sector in Niger; build and expand relationships with donors and other partners
- Program Management: support project managers to ensure effective planning and monitoring, quality implementation, financial management, and donor reporting; promote cross-sector learning
- Advisory services: provides expert (sector) advise in strategic projects and programmes
- Business Development: coordinates and supervises pipeline management, contributes to developing proposals, reviews quality of proposals in collaboration with Global Marketing and Business Development Team; as needed, may also support business development for renewable energy and WASH sectors
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach two or more SNV Niger agriculture sector project managers, advisors, and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agricultural programs in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV market position and actively participate in external and internal networks
- Knowledge and learning: contributes to organizational learning by gaining and sharing knowledge and best practices
- The Agriculture Sector Leader is member of the Country Management Team
- May serve as Acting Country Director in the absence of the Country Director
Qualifications-SNV Jobs in Africa
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in Agriculture, Ag Econ or similar
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design and implementation of agriculture projects (preferably in West Africa with an understanding of the Sahel context)
- Experience with agro-pastoral value chains and market-based approaches;
- Strong knowledge and experience in climate-sensitive agriculture;
- Experience with entrepreneurship projects targeting youth and/or women a strong advantage;
- Knowledge of good governance practices, and approaches dealing with gender-sensitive, social inclusion and empowerment principles;
- Proven track record in program design, proposal writing, business development and resource mobilization; international donor relationship management;
- Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
- Professional proficiency (written and spoken) in both French and English is required.