SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organization.As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for highly experienced dynamic professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
1.SNV Netherlands Development Organization-RE- Advertised Operations Manager 2 Kampala, Uganda
Key Responsibilities-SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Procurement and Contracts
- Review Procurement policies against best practice and revise and adjust as necessary;
- Review all SNV donor contracts and ensure procurement activities in each project are in line and compliant with donor requirements;
- Support Business Development and reduce risks for SNV by reviewing Terms and Conditions for upcoming contracts and advising management on areas of risk, implications and compliance issues.
- Work with the Procurement and Contracts Officer to:
- Manage all SNV sub-contracts and grants to ensure compliance, performance, accurate and timely reporting ;
- Conduct all procurement of goods and services in line with SNV and donor policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely completion of procurement in support of programme implementation in line with SNV and donor policy;
- Draft and issue all consultancy contracts; purchase orders, MoUs, sub agreements and sub contracts; maintain accurate and complete procurement files ;
Administration-SNV Netherlands Development Organization
- Manage Admin team to ensure:
- Stock management of office stationery, supplies, office equipment and furniture;
- Regular office and equipment maintenance and repair to ensure safe working environment
- Coordination of Logistics and Travel and IT requirements
- Maintenance of clean and professional office environment
- IT services provision that meets staff needs and requirements
- Maintenance and renewal of annual service
- contracts; rental agreements; insurances
- Review office performance and identify bottlenecks in systems and operations, report to management and advise on resolution;
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they are observed;
- Develop, implement and manage new administrative systems, such as record management, filing systems, intranet communication
- Put systems in place to ensure the coordination of all staff field travel and effective and efficient vehicle use ;
- Manage logistics team to :
- Ensure records are kept for all the cars and that vehicle log books are maintained;
- Ensure that logistics staff track renewal of insurance and licenses for SNV-owned vehicles and instigate the procedure for getting documents renewed in a timely manner;
- Ensure that logistics staff monitor and track annual and regular car maintenance. Ensuring that all SNV-owned vehicles are submitted for annual service on time with senior management being informed of any required repairs and maintenance.
- Master’s degree in procurement and supply chain, Economics, Business Administration or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics and supply chain, Business Administration, and Economics,
- At least 8 years at senior level in Operations and Logistics Responsibilities for an international organisations or private institutions;
- Conceptual working and thinking level with several years of experience in Operations and administration;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to procurement and management of donor funds;
- Proven experience in risk managemen;
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, including the ability to articulate Operations and logistical data to non-Operations audience;
- Ability to establish and maintain working relations in a multi-cultural environment;
- Proficiency /Knowledge of Microsoft Office and skill in the use of Excel, including complex/compound spreadsheets and other accounting package is essential;
- Must be a member of a professional body like CIMA or CIPS
- Excellent command of English language both written and spoken.
2.SNV Netherlands Development Organization-SNV Project Manager (Contingent to funding) Arua, West Nile, Uganda
Major Responsibilities-SNV Netherlands Development Organization
Project set-up and design
- Guide the programme set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates
- Initiates implementation of the project plan upon approval of the donor
- Execute overall programme management
- Leads, manges and motivates the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Plans and assigns deliverables and activities, reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set.
- Manages project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project files.
- Manage sub-contractors and coordinate project consortium partners
Project quality assurance
- Responsible for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards
Contract management and Project accounting
- Manages and accounts for full compliances of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and donor specified guidelines.
- Account and report to SNV and the donor on project performance
- Ensures that approval for coding and booking of all expenditures is done accordingly to the relevant procedures and authorisation levels.
People Management and Team Leadership
- Guides, develops, coaches and motivates teams
- Overall management of all human, physical resources related to the project
Analysis & Reporting
- Ensures collection, consolidation and review of the project information according to SNV’s Monitoring and evaluation guidelines
- Analyses and provides advice to management how to incorporate the new insights and best practice
- Guide knowledge development, documentation and communication and branding in close collaboration with the donor;
- Present results and represent the programme in relevant national, regional and international fora.
Qualifications & requirements
- Relevant advanced academic qualification at master’s level;
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted, multi-country donor-funded development projects;
- Solid experience in project management, especially of EU funded project;
- Able to strategically lead, inspire and energise project teams;
- Preferable background in/understanding of agribusiness, value chain development and climate change;
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in managing various project partners;
- Excellent social and networking skills, ability to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments;
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously;
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral) including reporting and presentation skills
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.