South Sudan M and E Specialist- Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP)
The South Sudan M and E Specialistprovides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement. The project includes monitoring and evaluation technical support to the Mission for performance management at all levels as well as support to assessments, analytical research, and related services required for new project designs, sector strategies, and broader strategic revisions.
**Please note: Only South Sudanese citizens are eligible for this position.
Position Summary- South Sudan M and E Specialist
The M&E specialist will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission’s monitoring and evaluation activities. The M&E Specialist will play a significant role in helping to manage and strengthen systems to assess and monitor program/project performance across USAID/South Sudan’s portfolios.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing and overall quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other MESP reporting deliverables. The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with the Chief of Party (COP) providing overall guidance. This is a long-term technical assistance (LTTA) position.
Responsibilities-South Sudan M and E Specialist
- Review performance management plans (PMPs) and performance reports
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) and monitor program performance as required
- Support the collection and assessment of baseline data where such data do not exist and suggest revisions to targets
- Help teams develop/articulate the critical assumptions on which program/project success depends
- Support technical teams to identify appropriate performance indicators for tracking results and monitoring critical assumptions and/or preparing comprehensive performance monitoring plans
- Assist in training USAID staff and implementing partners
- Advise on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments used by USAID/South Sudan
- Convene adaptive learning sessions with USAID/South Sudan staff on a quarterly basis to assess the progress of activities
- Track and analyze data gathered and suggest ways to improve USAID/South Sudan’s performance, particularly regarding program impact
- Provide technical support in preparation of evaluation and assessment related Scope of Work (SOWs) for studies requested by the USAID/South Sudan Mission
- Design and conduct baseline studies to establish initial status on program performance indicators, including institutional assessments and large-scale surveys
- Develop and implement quasi-experimental evaluation designs or fully randomized research trials
- Provide support in the planning and execution of Evaluations, Assessments and Special Studies as required
- Work with field monitors to review technical information
- Edit technical narrative reports from field monitors to ensure they have graphic enhancements that succinctly relay data
- Edit drafts so they comply with MESP quality standards
- Support the development of tools to further disseminate findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Play a key role within a team that ensures the quality control of written deliverables to USAID
Qualifications-South Sudan M and E Specialist
- Undergraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related field required, master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation or related sector program management
- Technical and monitoring and evaluation skills are required
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments
- Must have strong inter-personal skills in addition to the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.