Mundukide Fundazioa has been working in international cooperation for 20 years and nowadays works in 5 countries (Mozambique, Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia and Ecuador) collaborating with social partners in the area of regional socioeconomic development and organizational strengthening.
The Mozambique Program began its activities in 2002 and is implemented in a totally rural context, with severe and general poverty indicators.
The Program has its main productive activity in small-scale agriculture and in the Lichinga-Pemba corridor, its main area of intervention. Nowadays covers the districts of Montepuez, Namuno, Balama, Marrupa, Majune and Mandimba.
The objective of the program is to support the productive-commercial development of family farming with technical assistance and facilitating the purchase of inputs as well as the sale of production.
In the last six years, the number of farmers who have joined the program has increased dramatically and has reached a significant size (more than 15,000 people assisted annually with a combined production of approximately 600,000,000 MZN).
2 JOB DESCRIPTION
The agricultural specialist will be responsible for leading various field teams, which in collaboration with associations and distributors will help farm families to increase and diversify their agricultural production.
2.1 Roles, responsibilities and activities
· Ensure the effectiveness of the institution’s work plan and the achievement of the participation, production and income objectives of the small farmers.
· Manage field teams (selection, training, orientation, direction, disciplinary matters, etc.)
· Manage the collaboration with other organizations such as associations of farmers, merchants and others (selection, agreements, monitoring, orientation, etc.)
· Manage the small handling of the field team (budget the needs, cash delivery, monitoring and verification of receipts, sending to be accounted)
· Manage the materials and supplies of the field equipment (proformas, purchases, receipts, deliveries, maintenance, registration, etc.)
· Manage the physical resources of the program: facilities, transportation, equipment and materials.
· Manage local institutional relations with district agricultural services, public administrations, District Farmers Unions and others (participation in meetings, exchange of information, reports …)
· Manage data information (participation, application of techniques, area and production measurements, commercialization, use of inputs …) and to write reports.
· Administrative-legal management in local administrations (insurances, fees, etc.)
· Collaborate in the general functions of the Foundation (evaluation, planning, visits, participation in meetings and seminars, purchases, studies and researches, etc.)
· It is a priority task to promote capacity building in field teams and local partners, in their area of work.
2.2 Team, dependency and coordination
· It will form part of a team made up mainly of engineers and field teams. In a hierarchical and functional way it will depend on the manager of the program.
2.3 Required profile
· Knowledge of agronomy; training and experience of agricultural work with emphasis on the production of horticulturals, peanuts, soybeans, sesame, beans, as well as the handling and use of products to fight pests and diseases in the previous crops.
· Languages: priority will be given to good knowledge of Portuguese and knowledge of English, Basque and Spanish will be valued.
· ICT: knowledge of the use of geographic information systems, spreadsheets and databases will be positively valued.
· Work experience and specific gender knowledge will be valued.
· Work experience in Mozambique or Africa will be valued.
· Work experience in team management will be valued.
· Work and life experience in deeply rural contexts will be valued.
· The experience of working with very low level people will be valued.
· 2 years contract and working conditions according to Mundukide tables.
· Work place: Cabo Delgado province.
How to apply
· Interested people can send their CV to email@example.com
Zarugalde 30, CP 20.500
Arrasate Mondragon (Gipuzkoa)
Tel.: +34 943 772 010