Call for Resumes -Tanzania Education – DAI, a global consulting firm based in the United States, is currently accepting applications from senior education experts for an anticipated international development activity in Tanzania. The activity is expected to support Tanzanian citizens and the public sector to improve results in early grade reading, writing, math, and social-emotional learning skills of pre-primary and primary grade students (standards I-IV); strengthen the Government of Tanzania’s capacity to sustainably improve learning outcomes; and increase community engagement to create safe and inclusive learning environments while improving learning outcomes.
Candidates that have education reform expertise, previous experience working on international donor-funded projects, and at least 10 years of experience in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Developing material(s) and content delivery for reading, writing, arithmetic and social-emotional learning in Kiswahili and English.
- Education governance and service delivery with prior experience working with national, regional, and district government entities to advance learning outcomes and improve coordination between various levels of government.
- Capacity building such as coaching and mentoring of teachers, and continuous professional development for pre-service and in-service training to increase retention rates and improve transparency and accountability systems.
- Community engagement and creating safe and inclusive learning environments to improve learning outcomes.
- Literacy/early grade reading and the phonics-based approach to reading instruction with prior experience in early grade literacy pedagogy. Experience with training of trainers and in training teachers and other school stakeholders preferred.
- Social-emotional learning with prior experience in social-emotional learning pedagogy and approaches in schools and communities. Experience with training of trainers, training teachers and other school stakeholders, and community training preferred.
- Inclusive education with prior experience successfully working with marginalized groups to increase learning outcomes. Demonstrated experience with education programming in areas such as gender and social inclusion, students with special needs, education in emergencies, or other populations experiencing stigma and discrimination.
- Grants management with prior experience in management of donor-funded small grants programs to local CSOs. USAID experience preferred.
- Finance and administration management with demonstrated progressive experience managing teams, budgets, and operations for donor-funded programs. Prior experience in management of USAID Cost Plus Fixed Fee contracts experience preferred.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning with prior experience with USAID M&E methodology for education programs preferred.
Minimum qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of technical experience working in international development programs in one or more areas listed above. USAID experience highly preferred.
- Experience and proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working in Iringa, Morogoro, Mtwara, Ruvuma, and/or Zanzibar preferred.
- Higher degree in related field (Bachelor’s or equivalent required, Master’s highly preferred).
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including professional fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.