IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Teacher Training Partnerships Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded comprehensive teacher training program in Liberia to improve early childhood education and primary education teachers’ quality and instructional delivery. The University Partnerships Manager will build effective working relationships with stakeholders at selected public, private and faith-based institutions and oversee technical assistance that ensures successful implementation of the program.
Only Liberian citizens or residents of Liberia with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Facilitate productive collaboration and communication with key stakeholders at selected public, private and faith-based institutions
- Supervise technical assistance provided to partner institutions to increase their ability to create flexible programs that address teacher needs for both improved pedagogical skills and content knowledge
- Collaborate with partner institutions to increase gender-equitable recruitment and retention of ECE and primary-level teachers
- Assist teacher training institutions to form a consortium of demonstration schools where teacher-aspirants will practice skills they are learning
- Supervise officer-level staff who will provide technical and logistical support to the program
- Represent the program publicly
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Liberian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience including at least five (5) years of experience building productive multi-stakeholder partnerships, preferably in the education sector
- Master’s degree in relevant field or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with an additional three years of experience
- Must demonstrate an excellent track record of achieving results in building institutional capacity and performance in the education sector, preferably in teacher training at public, private and or faith-based institutions
- Knowledge of the pre-service teacher training landscape in Liberia
- Experience with international donor-funded development projects, particularly in Liberia
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, relationship building skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with team members, partner organizations, and stakeholders from government and education sectors
- Strong communication and computer skills; proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment to adhere to strict deadlines
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oHuadfwi&s=DevelopmentAid to submit your CV for consideration along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.