The project aims at strengthening the capacity of the Team Leader – National Audit Office (NAO) to audit the use of public resources better and according to international standards, with a focus on specialized audits (forensic audits).
The team leader will support the NAO in developing continuing Forensic Audit Strategy and plans, develop a forensic audit manual, train the professional audit staff in conducting forensic audits and perform one (1) pilot forensic audit together with NAO staff and one (1) cold review of a forensic audit report done by NAO auditors.
Posted on: 9 Jul 2020
Application by: 22 Jul 2020
Project status: Expression of interest
Project title: National Audit Office (NAO) of Malawi’s Strengthening Capacity to Conduct Forensic Audits
Duration of assignment: 3 months (up to 60 working days)
Duty station: Lilongwe
Job code: PFM-MWI20GIZ0222
Team Leader Job description
Tasks of the team leader
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the consultant (quality and deadlines);
- Coordinating and ensuring communication with GIZ, partners and others involved in the project;
- Personnel management, identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting local and international short term experts;
- Regular monitoring and reporting in accordance with deadlines.
- One of the following professional qualifications in accounting: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) or Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP)
- Professional qualifications such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), CertifiedFinancial Forensic (CFF), etc., Certified Forensic & Audit Analyst (CFrA)
- The Team Leader is expected to be business fluent in both written and spoken English at level C2 of the Common European Framework of Languages
General professional experience
- 10 years’ experience of working in public sector auditing environment;
- Experience of working or supporting SAIs (Supreme Audit Institutions);
- In-depth knowledge of public financial management, public procurement and
- public audit laws, regulations and processes;
- Experience in working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as
- SAP, Oracle, Epicor, Free balance, Serenic Navigator, etc.
- Experience in providing quality assurance of project monitoring and evaluation.
Specific professional experience
- 5 years’ experience in providing training and capacity building in forensic Audit and the use of computer-assisted audit tools and data mining tools e.g. Audit Command Language – ACL, etc.);
- Previous experience in managing and directing Forensic Audits in a multi-cultural environment;
- Expert knowledge and practical experience in forensic accounting, performance of forensic audit techniques, tools, procedures & processes, Forensic data analysis and tools, use of technology and data analysis, understanding of the Fraud Triangle, fraud risk assessment, related party transaction analysis, types of investigations, Planning the investigation, gathering evidence, Reporting and Court proceedings (in the context of the public sector);
- Experience in preparation of case files for prosecution and supporting prosecutors;
- Strong understanding of anti-fraud statutes and requirement of proof for fraud and related wrongdoings;
- A strong understanding of the manner, technique, style, procedure, approach (modus operandi) used by public sector entities to carry out fraudulent and corrupt activities and practices;
- Experience in handling electronic evidence, electronic data discovery and application techniques, analyze and present electronic data;
- Experience and knowledge of design and development of forensic audit manual.
- 5 years of management and leadership experience including the leading team at a managerial and technical level
- 2 years related work experience in developing countries, in Africa or specifically Southern Africa region
Development cooperation experience
- at least 3 years of experience of development cooperation
Andrea Leber email@example.com