The role of the Technical Officer/Advisor Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) is to provide technical support to programmes that strengthen health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The post-holder will be able to appreciate the complexities of health systems including the political context in which they function, provide specific support for one or more of the health systems build blocks, and be able to critically appraise data and evidence on Health Systems and Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Adolescent and Child Health (RMNCAH). S/he will be responsible for ensuring programmes have access to the latest global evidence and for supporting evidence generation and learning from and between programmes. Strong interest in and contribution to developing new proposals is expected.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- An MSc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in public health, sexual and reproductive health, public policy, political science or research and evaluation
- Experience in delivering technical work on health systems in Africa
- Experience in providing remote and in-person technical assistance to counterparts, across a range of overseas programmes
- Experience in using data and evidence to build programmes and to influence policy and practice
- Experience in developing new concepts and technical design of programmes
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in French highly desirable.
- To apply, please fill in the form here.
- Closing date for applications is: 05 September 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate).
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ approach