TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant.TechnoServe is looking for
TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant-Job Details
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. Experience the historic journey.
Position Description: TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant
TechnoServe’s West Africa regional team is implementing a robust and diverse portfolio of agricultural and entrepreneurship projects in Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, and Nigeria. The team is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented individual, with French language proficiency to support regional operations. The Program Admin Assistant will work closely with the West Africa Regional Director and Senior Regional Program Manager and will provide a broad range of programmatic, logistical, and administrative support to the regional team. S/he will be a dynamic participant in various aspects of regional operations, gaining exposure to economic development and sustainable business models across the organization’s footprint in the region.
Duties & Responsibilities: TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant
- Copy edit and conduct quality control of project reports and other strategic documents in both French and English
- Develop briefs and presentations, and conduct research for specific meetings and initiatives
- Support Regional Director by drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information; preparing briefing notes; initiating telecommunications, and; coordinating meetings
- Support meeting and event logistics with key partners and stakeholders by arranging meeting rooms, drafting and disseminating meeting agendas and other preparatory materials, preparing briefing notes, and taking meeting minutes
- Support Regional Director to manage his appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Serve as the point person for external institutions, organizations, and other partners who contact Regional Director
- Support prioritized regional communications efforts including developing marketing and communications content such as blog posts, factsheets, case studies, brochures, etc.
- Support regional knowledge management initiatives by updating intranet content, capturing and disseminating information, and contributing to regional database management
- Translates strategic documents from English to French and French to English
- Prepares accounts payable documents (e.g. invoices, payment requests) for RD and the regional team, as needed
- Supports small-scale procurement in compliance with TechnoServe’s procurement policy and national standards for the regional office, as needed
- Assist with the development, implementation, and coordination of strategic events and meetings throughout the year
- Assist regional team on a needs basis with other strategic and operational tasks
Required Skills & Experience: TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in an analytical, research, administrative, and/or office operations role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, French Language International Studies, Economics, or other related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Ability to develop well written and cohesive reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with relevant software packages, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Skills: TechnoServe Project Admin Assistant
- Self-starter, energetic, and friendly
- Ability to work independently and under high pressure situations
- Very articulate and organised
- Comfortable with new ways of thinking and working
- Maintains integrity and personal reputation
- Reviews information quickly and does not hesitate to try out new solutions
Deadline for application: Wednesday August 21, 2019; 17h00 EST
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
TechnoServe is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org