Tetra Tech International Development Job-Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Deadline: Oct 16, 2020
Organisation: Tetra Tech International Development (formerly Coffey, a Tetra Tech Company)
Job type: Contract, 12 months +
Description-Tetra Tech International Development Job
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Nairobi – Kenya; Kenya Sustainable Urban Economic Development (SUED)
The Programme-Tetra Tech International Development Job
SUED is a £70 million, five-year programme supported by the British Government through the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and implemented by Tetra Tech International Development. The programme aims to support up to 12 fast growing municipalities to develop sustainable urban economic plans and attract investment for critical infrastructure and value chain projects.
The main programme objectives are to:
- Strengthen capacity at municipality level to plan better for urbanisation.
- Support policy and legislative changes to enable greater private sector led growth.
- Raise investment for critical bankable, climate-resilient infrastructure and value chain projects.
- Develop and test capacity at municipality level to maintain key activities after the programme ends.
- Create climate-resilient jobs.
- Improve rural links with larger markets that were previously difficult to access.
- Poise municipalities for climate-resilient and sustainable growth.
The Position-Tetra Tech International Development Job
Tetra Tech is the managing agent for the overall SUED programme and holds responsibility for coordinating, sharing learnings, quality assurance and overall success of the programme. Following on from a successful annual review and with an exciting portfolio of interventions and projects lined up for 2021 and beyond, this is an exciting time to join SUED.
A recent programme restructuring also means that Tetra Tech will have an expanded M&E role on this complex and high impact programme. Given this recent change we require an excellent individual to lead and coordinate the M&E function for the programme. This individual will spearhead data analysis, liaison with partners, designing and updating M&E systems and conducting research for SUED. The precise scope of duties will be re-defined between September-November 2020 as the M&E function is restructured.
We are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of economic development and urbanisation within Kenya with excellent communication, teamwork, presentation and analytical skills. They will need to be able to effectively liaise and manage subcontractors to extract required data and insights for proper understanding of programme impact and bring a high degree of rigour and professionalism. We need someone who is able to manage their work independently and can bring energy and insight into this challenging and exciting role.
Understanding of key M&E concepts such as logframes, theories of change and baseline/endline evaluations is required along with previous experience managing an organisation’s M&E functions and leading research teams.
SUED has a core team of 12 and the M&E manager will work with each of them to bring together a full picture of the data and insights available across the programme. They will work especially closely with the Team Leader, Deputy TL, Learning and Communications, Knowledge Management and Learning Manager and Project Manager as well as 12 municipalities and SUED’s various partners.
The position does not currently have any direct line management responsibilities (though there is a possibility this will change in line with the re-structuring of the M&E function), but the role will oversee collection of data through county level representatives and management of external contracts.
The Person-Tetra Tech International Development Job
- Excellent communication, analytical, numerical and presentation skills.
- Significant experience with key M&E concepts such as logframes, theories of change and project evaluations.
- At least five years of progressively responsible professional experience.
- Experience in managing M&E functions within an organisation and leading research teams.
- The ability to work extremely effectively with team members and partners to gain the necessary information and data needed to effectively implement SUED’s M&E strategy. We expect to see evidence of this in applications.
- Strong understanding of the socio-economic and developmental context in Kenya.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative while managing a busy workload.
How to Apply:
Please send your maximum 3 page CV and 1 page cover letter to Roshni.Patel@tetratech.com. There will be several stages of interview as well as a written test.
Expected Start Date: December 2020 or January 2021.
Applications close: 16th October 2020 – noon EAT.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.