Emergency Operation Center Specialist, Cote d Ivoire | Ethiopia | Zambia – Job Purpose: Provide support to the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead on programme delivery in priority countries and specialist technical input to the development of process and practise.
Responsibilities of Emergency Operation Center Specialist,Cote d Ivoire | Ethiopia | Zambia
Programme Results/Impact Delivery
Assist and work closely with the Emergency Operation Centre Management Lead as well as the priority country government and Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) partners to deliver:
- The Emergency Operation Center Specialist, strengthened Polio Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs), to ensure effective partner collaboration with federal/local government ownership and commitment. The programme will contribute to improvements in services delivered as well as coordination and management of the EOCs. The program team will focus their analyses and actions to help deliver the critical components of an effective and accountable
- The Emergency Operation Center Specialist,empowered local communities with local volunteers building community support/demand for successful cVDPV2 outbreak response and holding authorities accountable for results. The volunteer community engagement will enable a more rapid scale up of outbreak response activities, and ensure that these efforts are sustained once the programme
- Agile programme monitoring and learnings to develop and improve
on a Polio EOC Playbook, address critical operational and partner collaboration challenges and continuously improve Polio EOC operations, functions and processes.
- Ensure plans are developed, implemented and complied with the programme’s Duty of Care Officer and stakeholders (employees, volunteers, primary actors, )
Be a thought leadership partner
- Actively participate both in the development and execution of the Polio EOCs in Africa programme approach, work plans and
- Contribute to ongoing monitoring and evaluation efforts to capture core learnings and insights from VSO’s work strengthening Polio EOCs.
Create highly effective community engagement/local volunteering to support community engagement, ownership and demand for vaccination/outbreak response