- Job Locations EG-Port Said
- Category Program Management
Creative Associates seeks a Regional Office Coordinator for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Egypt. The anticipated Building Egypt’s Skilled Workforce (BESWF) activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The Regional Office Coordinator supports the Technical Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), manages a team of regional coordinators as well as one field office, and carries out any other tasks assigned by the Technical DCOP to ensure proper management of the Contract. The Regional Office Coordinator will oversee the Contract’s regional development and implementation through direct supervision of its regional technical teams, as directed by the Technical DCOP.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Regional Office Coordinator works under the leadership of the Technical DCOP and supports the Technical DCOP in appropriate technical and coordination aspects of program.
- The Regional Office Coordinator Manages the team of regional technical specialists and supports the Contract’s implementation of its core technical areas, in cooperation with the Technical DCOP, other project staff, USAID, and the Government of Egypt;
- The Regional Office Coordinator Supports the Chief of Party (COP), DCOP, and technical teams in identifying, reaching out to, and managing cooperation with stakeholders in the private sector, civil society, and national and local government, in the target regions in compliance with Creative and USG policies and procedures;
- Provides support to the Technical DCOP in programmatic, strategic development and quality control duties; and liaise with USAID and government stakeholders to respond to their informational, data and monitoring requirements;
- The Regional Office Coordinator Provides technical contributions to regional development and implementation results;
- Develops and delivers reports and written documentation related to technical activities to be reported to USAID, including weekly, quarterly and annual reports, and all relevant project deliverables;
- Oversees operational management of a field office in either Port Said or Aswan governorate, including procurements, financial management, and other operational needs;
- Ensures field office meets client requirements, USAID rules and regulations, and all regularly reporting deadlines; and
- Responds to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, international development, or other relevant field;
- At least five (5) years of experience implementing complex economic growth assistance; of which three (3) years should be experience focused on promoting workforce development in rural or peri-urban areas in one or more of the Contract’s target areas;
- Previous experience in workforce development, with a deep knowledge of Egyptian TVET systems preferred;
- Experience effectively integrating gender and youth programming into development programs;
- Experience managing operational needs of international development programming, including experience managing contract compliance, finance, procurement, and other operational team members;
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors; and
- Excellent oral and written Arabic and English language communication skills.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.