Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
The Trade and Investment Activity will facilitate the growth and development of higher-value commercial crops in support of the Govt of Ghana’s plan to recapture market share and access new markets as a source of much needed foreign exchange. Neither these investments nor their impact will be limited in geographical scope. They will make necessary contributions to support Ghana’s agricultural sector transformation through trade acceleration to put Ghana on a pathway to self-reliance.” The Trade and Investment facilitation activity will strategically address investment promotion and trade facilitation based on commercial opportunities and government political will to move forward reforms and improve the enabling environment for trade and investment. The activity will use a systems approach to address the challenges in the trade sector. The proposed activity will have three main components: 1) Investment Promotion, 2) Trade Facilitation, and 3) Small Medium Enterprise (SME) development.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks long-term, Ghanaian and expatriate candidates with the following technical and operational capabilities:
- Investment Advisor
- Trade Policy and Facilitation Specialist
- SME Development Advisor
- Grants Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Finance and Administration
Duration: 5 years
Location: Accra, Ghana
- Advanced degree in business, economics, finance or other closely related field.
- At least eight years’ experience in private sector development, investment promotion, trade, SME development, monitoring and evaluation, or other expertise area listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working proficiency in English required
- At least five years’ experience in economic development in Ghana preferred.
- At least three years’ experience on donor-funded projects for economic growth preferred, experience using market systems approach a plus