UI Designer and Developer Abuja or Berlin
Field Technology Development Partners Nigeria Limited – We are helping governments and businesses make good on the promise of healthcare in the fastest growing parts of the world. And it starts with access. We make pharmaceutical supply chain radically simple, affordable, and effective, helping providers, from the largest health systems to the smallest drug shops, ensure a new generation can access the care it needs to flourish.
Field is a mission-focused, fast-growing health-tech supply chain company, providing critical supply chain services for public and private health systems in Nigeria and Kenya. Our investor-backed Shelf Life service powers one of the largest networks of community pharmacies in Africa. Our technology platform, Field Supply, powers both Shelf Life and large-scale public health supply chains helping serve millions of patients each year. We are a diverse and distributed team of people working at the forefront of technology on meaningful, interesting, and urgent issues.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UI Designer & Developer
Location: Abuja or Berlin
- We are looking for a teammate with a mix of UI design and front end development experience to work with us on software to help improve healthcare in Nigeria, Kenya and beyond. At Field, we design and build software to solve very difficult problems in frontier markets. Our tech has to function in remote locations with poor connectivity and must oftentimes be used by untrained community health workers with low tech literacy.
- In this capacity, you’ll work on building and supporting our software’s interface, with a focus on well-structured, maintainable CSS, modular component systems and performant UIs. You will be part of a cross-functional team designing and implementing new features, but will also work closely with other developers in Berlin and Nigeria, supporting each other and collaborating through code reviews.
What you’ll do every day
In the day-to-day, you will:
- Receive input in the form of wireframes, sketches, user research and specs, and synthesize this information to design UI components and views.
- Visualize your concepts and ideas in Sketch or Figma.
- Communicate UI concepts to a broader team during regular design reviews, where you should be able to articulate and debate the value of your approach.
- Generate meaningful prototypes to test ideas with users.
- Implement front end components in our design system and/or interfaces in our app, using CSS / React.
- Design and implement updates to our brand websites (built on JAMstack principles).
- Some travel to our offices (and out to the field) in Nigeria or Kenya may be required. We are generally pretty flexible with travel arrangements.
- You should have 3 or more years of UI design and implementation experience, with a strong portfolio to back it up.
- You care deeply about usability.
- You have experience working with front end design patterns / systems.
- You have worked collaboratively with teams to ship products, but can self-organise when needed.
- You communicate thoughtfully and succinctly.
- You feel comfortable working in lean environments with agile methods.
- Excellent collaboration skills – we are a distributed team and pay close attention to our documentation and team communication.
- You are fluent in English.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in performant UI animation
- Experience designing for novice or semi-literate users
- Data visualization skills
- Experience working with React
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV or portfolio to: email@example.com using the Job Title as subject of the email.