UN Jobs Zimbabwe-UNOPS is looking for Procurement Intern to supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world.
Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners’ needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale.
Following devastation caused to life, livelihoods and property by Cyclone Idai in March 2019, the World Bank has allocated up to US$ 75 million to finance a recovery programme for the affected locations in Zimbabwe. The programme addresses both early and mid-term recovery needs in multiple sectors (livelihoods, health, education, agriculture). UNOPS has been requested to establish multiple projects in Zimbabwe to assist with the recovery of the selected areas in Zimbabwe that were most affected by the cyclone.
|UN Jobs Zimbabwe- Procurement Intern
Internship – Procurement & Supply
- UN Jobs Zimbabwe-Administrative Procurement Support Services
Under the direct supervision of Procurement Manager, the procurement intern provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
UN Jobs Zimbabwe-Client Services Client Relationships/ Stakeholder Management
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
UN Jobs Zimbabwe-Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement Quality Assurance or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
- Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
- Training components and learning elements
The intern will be given an on the job learning opportunity by being assigned to work on low value low risk procurement cases for which along each step of the way s/he will be guided on the UNOPS procurement process including best practices e.g on preparing tender request; preparing evaluations documents and how to carry out evaluations and issuing Purchase Orders- what to include in a Purchase Order etc.
- Participation in missions or training courses
The intern will be given an opportunity to participate in the relevant procurement courses in the Learning & Development site. E.g procurement operations training which will give an overview of the procurement process. Sustainable procurement and gender in procurement. The intern will not be engaged in missions out of his Duty Station.
- Either currently enrolled for University Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Public Administration, or any relevant subject or have graduated from such studies within the past 3 years prior to the application date of the internship is required.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but experience working in sustainability or corporate social responsibility (through work, education or other) and procurement support services is an asset;
- Knowledge of business operations, procurement, supply chain, and logistics is an asset;
- Knowledge of business principles and applications in public procurement is an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of GSuite applications and experience in handling of web-based management systems is desired.
- Fluency in written and oral English required;
- Knowledge of the second UN working language is desirable.