UNDP Jobs in Tunisia-UNDP is recruiting for Project Assistant
Skill Required: Project/ Programme Management
Preferred Experience: 3 Years
Closing Date for Applications: 21st August, 2020
Job Description-UNDP Jobs in Tunisia
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the manager, the Project Assistant provides ongoing project and administrative assistance and support to UNDP projects, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Project Assistant works in collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures provision of support to management of ongoing project activities, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide inputs in the elaboration of work plan
- Assist in arranging logistics, preparing agenda and coordinating with related stakeholders for organizing workshops as and when required
- Assist in minutes taking for program/project meetings and in drafting research reports as required
- Assist in coordinating of the planned events of the project
- Assist in drafting inputs for the project’s reports
Ensures effective administrative and logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contacts with visitors and project personnel, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
- Translation of simple correspondences when needed.
- Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the project in a user friendly manner
- Be responsible for assigned correspondence and other admin tasks including creating E-requisitions
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance
- Assistance in proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports
- Check related forms delivered by Implementing partners for completion before submitting to the Finance Unit for verification
- Proper receipting of goods and services
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes , memorandum and reports to partners
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required
- Maintain a proper filing system for financial records ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
- Assisting in organizing , executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event time-line, programme schedule and checklist for successful holding of events
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Extraction of data from various sources.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Corporate Competencies-UNDP Jobs in Tunisia
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Functional Competencies-UNDP Jobs in Tunisia
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise-UNDP Jobs in Tunisia
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
Required Skills and Experience
- License degree or some technical School degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Human Resources, Finance, Social Sciences, International Relations and any other related fields.
- Min two (2) years (with License degree), or, min four (4) years (with Technical school degree) of relevant experience in administration or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in Arabic, French and working knowledge English.