UNESCO Jobs in Burkina Faso-UNESCO Burkina Faso is looking for National Project Administrator
Skill Required: Education Advising
Preferred Experience: 1 to 3 Years
Closing Date for Applications: 20th August 2020
Job Description-UNESCO Jobs in Burkina Faso
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Under the general authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, the immediate authority of the Director of the UNESCO Dakar Office, the direction of the Senior Program Specialist and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Officer, the / the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical expertise and contributing to the effective management, planning, execution and monitoring of UNESCO projects in education for health and well-being.
In particular, the holder will be responsible for the following functions:
- The UNESCO Jobs in Burkina Faso-Identify and seize opportunities for UNESCO to participate in the development of policies and programs within the framework of the UNESCO Strategy on Education for Health and Well-being, and National Health Strategies;
- The UNESCO Jobs in Burkina Faso Represent UNESCO in the appropriate coordination frameworks;
- Develop and maintain partnership relations with the Ministry of Education, the National Commission for UNESCO, national organizations and development partners;
- Liaise with UNESCO structures;
- Support resource mobilization efforts;
- The UNESCO Jobs in Burkina Faso Support UNESCO’s programming in Senegal, with particular emphasis on supporting national programs for HIV prevention, education in reproductive health education, and response to gender violence and early and unwanted pregnancies;
- Support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program, and the drafting of reports on UNESCO’s action in this area;
- Support the provision of technical support and capacity building interventions in the education sector;
- Contribute to advocacy efforts at the country level, to advance the use of evidence and strengthen joint United Nations and country responses to HIV and AIDS, SRGBV and PND.
SKILLS (Fundamental / Managerial)
- Communication (F)
- Responsibility (F)
- Innovation (F)
- Knowledge sharing and constant desire for improvement (F)
- Planning and organization (F)
- Culture of results (F)
- Teamwork (F)
- For more information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in the field of education, social sciences or public health.
- Professional experience
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in the areas of sexual and reproductive health and education;
- Experience in project management in the fields of education or health;
- Experience in the implementation of projects and programs with government partners and civil society;
- Experience in resource mobilization.
- Know-how and skills
- Ability to manage budgets, monitor, evaluate and report on their implementation;
- Good understanding of the country and of development work in the field of education;
- High-level technical writing skills in HIV prevention, sexuality education (SHA), sexual and reproductive health, or SRGBV response, in line with the UNESCO Strategy on Education for Sexuality health and well-being;
- Credibility, trust, tact and diplomacy in networking, representation and cooperation with a wide range of partners (including line ministries, UNAIDS cosponsoring agencies, donors and civil society).