USAID Job in Nigeria-Winrock International seeks to engage Senior Accountant, Feed the Future Agriculture Extension and Advisory Services(AEAS) Project – Abuja, Nigeria
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Director, Finance and Operations
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
BACKGROUND: USAID Job in Nigeria-Senior Accountant
Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
POSITION SUMMARY: USAID Job in Nigeria-Senior Accountant
- Responsible for maintaining financial and accounting services in order to meet Winrock, donor agencies, and legislative requirements.
- Responsible for preparing vouchers and related statements to ensure accuracy in accounting records to support all project activities and operations.
- Responsible for maintaining internal controls over the receipt, disbursement, and management of Winrock resources.
- Responsible for supporting operational tasks in support of the Director of Finance and Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and monitors the financial system in order to ensure that the Project’s finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- The USAID Job in Nigeria-Senior Accountant Responsible for the day-today processing of financial transactions such as but not limited to the following:
- Verify accuracy of all invoices and assure proper allocation of expenditures to funding source and expense categories.
- he USAID Job in Nigeria-Senior Accountant will manage data entry in the Quickbooks and Field Office Vouchers on day-to-day basis; prepares journal, receipts and disbursement vouchers, and accumulates documents in support of the voucher and seeks proper approvals.
- Coordinate with field staff to process their expense reports (Per Diem & Trip Reports).
- Monitoring development of budgets with the program team to ensure compliance with the approved workplan budget
- The he USAID Job in Nigeria-Senior Accountant will work with the Director Finance & Operations to manage the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers from the Abuja office; and affect the transfer of project funds from the central account to field accounts based on their forecast and funds request to ensure fund availability at all time.
- Process local-hire’s monthly payroll along with all the statutory deductions (PAYE-pay and process tax clearance certificate, NSITF, NHF and pension remittance)
- Responsible for filing finance records and ensure compliance with Winrock documentary and file retention policy.
- Processes government remittances within set due dates such as withholding taxes from compensation and other services, and statutory social contributions
- Generation of monthly project financial reports
- Generates monthly reports for submission to the Home Office, through the Manila Regional Office, within set deadlines, including wire transfer requests, payroll variance report, inventory reports, grants ledger, etc.
- Monitors and reports on long-outstanding cash advances and liabilities.
- Scans and uploads all vouchers and related supporting documents to Winshare for review by the Nairobi Regional Office
- Records monthly accruals such staff vacation leaves, severance and amortization of prepayments.
- Assist the Director Finance & Operations with developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial activities and maintain spreadsheets with current project expense data. Provide the Finance Director with updated monthly cost reports.
- Prepares and remits monthly withholding tax statements, tracks withholding taxes deductions and deposits in the government Tax Department.
- Attend the monthly regional finance meeting (through teams) called by the Senior Director, International Controller.
- Cash Management
- Coordinates with the bank on deposits, online payments, wire transfers from home office, and enrolment of new employees in payroll account
- Ensure cash receipts are deposited immediately or on the next banking day
- Monitors bank/cash balance regularly to ensure the project has enough cash to fund its various activities
- Prepares bank reconciliation statement
- Support in Field Office operations and Human Resources management including:
- Oversees the annual registration with the City Hall, Barangay and Bureau of Internal Revenues
- Maintains inventory lists of all project assets, including other management files in compliance with Winrock file retention policies
- Collects semi-monthly timesheets and processes staff payrolls
- Records and tracks Winrock employees’ liabilities such as severance and unused vacation days.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations during the conduct of new employee orientation and/or annual code of conduct training.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or closely related field with 5 years of experience in managing accounts and generating financial reports OR
- Clear and concise understanding of bookkeeping and accounts, and must have knowledge of the tax and regulations system in Philippines
- Experience managing accounts for US Government funded projects.
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
- Proficient user of Quick Books.
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely in English
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to manage stress and meet deadlines.
- Personal computer and other standard office equipment
Applications will be accepted until August 18, 2020.