USAID Job Senegal seek to recruits Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist-Monitoring and Evaluation Project, Dakar, Senegal
Our diverse international development professionals range from recent graduate students to seasoned experts who have worked in a variety of country contexts. Walk the halls of our Arlington, Virginia headquarters or visit one of our 45+ project offices worldwide, and you will meet staff who are dedicated, energized and passionate about finding solutions to some of the world’s most vexing challenges.We nurture a supportive, learning culture where individuals are encouraged to innovate, learn from others and bring their ideas to the table.
Organization:Management Systems International
Career Category:Monitoring and Evaluation
Years of experience:5-9 years
MSI is anticipating a follow-on project in early 2021 for our current USAID/Senegal Monitoring and Evaluation Project. The follow-on would continue providing USAID/Senegal with performance measurement and management support activities such as monitoring and evaluation (M&E) design, program evaluation design and implementation, sectoral assessments, surveys, activity/project design, target setting and statement of work development for evaluation activities. This contract would improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance Agency learning.
**Please note: Only Senegalese citizens are eligible for this position
Position Summary: USAID Job Senegal
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will work closely with the Senior Evaluation Specialist and technical teams to provide M&E support to the USAID/Senegal Mission. They will be responsible for supporting all tasks received by the Mission in support of M&E guidance and support.
The M&E Specialist will also work closely with the Data Analyst in the regular data entry of the project database system as well as initial analysis to support evaluation and assessment teams. They will support initial research and development of M&E design and definitions.
The position will also include supporting the Senior Evaluation Specialist in implementing the project’s Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP), developing tools, conducting initial analysis and drafting of narratives to support regular progress reports. The anticipated full-time position will be based in Dakar and is contingent upon funding and USAID approval.
Responsibilities: USAID Job Senegal
- Support the performance measurement work for the project.
- Support all evaluation teams in preparing initial background research and draft narratives, including development of annotated literature reviews, and in dissemination of surveys, data collection and initial analysis.
- Support the Senior Evaluation Specialist and technical consultants in data quality assessments and in preparing presentations, reports and training programs.
- Conduct data collection when necessary and data entry into the project database.
- Support the development of regular technical progress reports based on the results framework
- Experience developing and implementing Performance Management Plans (PMPs) and AMELPs, monitoring instruments, baseline data collection and M&E storage systems on donor-funded projects.
- Experience conducting and ensuring data quality assessments; setting targets for indicators as well as setting definitions for indicators; and conducting field work/data collection in Senegal.
- Degree in statistics, demography, social sciences or a related area.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in working with other organizations.
- Ability to travel as necessary throughout Senegal.
- Ability to work well in a support role as part of a larger team.
- Fluency in French and other local language required.
- Working knowledge of English preferred.
- Experience supporting program evaluations preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How to apply-USAID Job Senegal
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.