USAID JOBS Democratic Republic of Congo-Call for Experts (USAID/DRC)
– DevTech Systems, is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is seeking Technical Experts in preparation for the upcoming USAID/Democratic Republic of Congo (USAID/DRC) Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination II (MECC II). The MECC II will provide support to the Democratic Republic of the Congo Operating Unit (DRC), the Central African Republic Operating Unit (CAR) and the Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU).
The support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the missions development outcomes. MECC II will also provide services to strengthen the MEL capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC. Throughout the activity, MECC II will:
- Perform strategic monitoring and analytics.
- Provide support in data collection, management, and dissemination, including geospatial data.
- 3) Conduct evaluations, assessments, and other studies.
- Support the implementation of the mission CLA approach.
- Provide capacity building sessions to USAID’s staff and implementing partners specific to MEL and project management topics.
- Provide communication and outreach services.; and
- Perform Third Party Monitoring (TPM) in permissive and non-permissive environments.
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant professional experience in M&E programs. Demonstrated experience in leading qualitative research and analysis, including conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Experience in developing research designs and methodologies for quantitative data collection.
- Experience in training and managing data collection teams, maintaining data quality control, and overseeing data collection field work.
- Experience in research, analysis, and presenting to key stakeholders for academic or donor reports across multiple disciplines.
- Experience in database management, MS Access, and Stata or SAS preferred. Familiarity with programs for data collection/analysis a plus.
- Experience and familiarity with USAID programs: M&E and performance monitoring.
- Strong analytic and quantitative database management, budgeting, work planning, and report writing skills.
Director of Finance and Administration:
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent (or a lesser degree with additional two years of professional experience) in business, accounting, or a closely related field.
- At least 5 years of experience as a finance director or deputy or similar on other donor-funded projects.
- At least 2 years of experience in general program or project administration which includes supervising a team/staff.
Data Management Expert:
- At least 10 years of experience in data analysis and monitoring & evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Excellent use of Excel for data analysis
- Excellent monitoring and evaluation skills
- Experience managing databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other analytic software (SPSS, STATA, Tableau etc.) for analyses, reporting, presentations and internal management
- Strong organizational, report writing, and communication/presentation skills
- Experience conducting Data Quality Assessments
Knowledge Management Expert:
- 10+ years of experience, including 6 years of experience in knowledge management, organizational learning and/or strategic learning in an international development context, preferably including USAID experience.
- Managing and developing web sites.
- Use of social media, e-learning and training.
- Facilitation of groups, meetings, and events both online and in-person.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Understanding of and experience with communities of practice, both on-line and in-person.
- Master’s degree with 10 of experience or bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience in a field related to international development.
- Experience designing and implementing research or evaluations, preferably in international settings.
- Experience with in-person and online group facilitation.
- Experience in organizational learning and familiarity with Collaborating, Learning and Adapting principles, methods, tools, and approaches preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID systems, processes, policies, and guidance preferred.
Capacity Building Expert:
- Master’s degree in Health, Social Science, Developmental studies or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar position with at least one (1) year in M&E or Knowledge Management.
- Experience conducting DQAs.
- Good numeracy, written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Understanding of and experience with adult learning techniques.
- Proven experience in developing training modules and/or manuals.
- Fluency in English is a plus.
- Must be a team player.