USAID Jobs in Ghana- Recruits Project Management Specialist: Monitoring Evaluation and Learning.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) Specialist will provide technical assistance to the Regional Economic Growth Office (REGO) team and its implementing partners in monitoring the performance of programs/projects/activities. He/she will work closely with Contract Officer Representatives (COR) and Assistance Officer Representatives (AORs) to ensure that project data is solid, that results are reported and reflected in the semiannual portfolio reviews and that the information reported to Foreign Assistance Coordination and Tracking System (FACTS) and the Feed the Future (FTF) Online Monitoring System (MS) is accurate and complete.
Statement of Work
- Coordinate Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (60%)
- Track outcomes and results; coordinate semi-annual portfolio reviews; conduct site visits and prepare reports documenting performance; and participate in technical reviews of new activities.
- Work closely with members of the REGO team and with Program Office to coordinate the development of the Mission Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan.
- Track outcomes and results for REGO; determine, validate, maintain, and update the database of performance indicators and other information required for the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) and for reporting.
- Ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations and document program impact.
- Prepare REGO tracking system for Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), quarterly reports and annual reports and participate in each.
- Ensure that information for FACTS and FTF MS is up-to-date and complete.
- Meet all PMP reporting requirements, including quarterly, annual reports, and ondemand reporting requests; collaborate with the REGO team to respond and gather data for annual surveys on aid effectiveness.
- Ensure that results under Agency/Mission/Congressional/Presidential requirements are being tracked. These include: environment, biodiversity, gender equity, disability, and minority serving institutions, as well as initiatives such as FTF, African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA), Power Africa, Global Climate Change and others that may be added.
- Review program/project/activity statements of work and program descriptions to ensure that illustrative indicators and targets, and methods to measure performance results are adequate and feasible.
- Participate in technical reviews and provide comments on draft documents to ensure that monitoring, evaluation and learning plans and reports meet Mission management needs and Automated Directives System (ADS) requirements.
- Consolidate and update performance information for Operational Plans; validate, co-validate, and complete indicator tables for the annual Performance Plan and Report (PPR) and other reports;
- Play a role in the process to determine which indicators remain relevant and useful as the nature of activities change over time; assess the extent to which performance indicators remain relevant and useful as the nature of the activities change over time, and recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Participate in and ensure that data quality assessments are conducted in line with Agency policies.
- Analytical Support Services and Evaluations for Sustainable Systems (Assess) (15%)
- Work closely with the ASSESS Implementing Partner to ensure that MEL needs are met.
- Coordinate MEL meetings and events with ASSESS.
- Work with the REGO Program Management Specialists, ASSESS and the Mission MEL specialist, liaise with and oversee ASSESS work on REGO baselines and evaluations; review drafts SOWs and evaluations and make recommendations to REGO on acceptance.
- Portfolio Reviews (15%)
- Assist REGO with preparation and analysis of performance data for semi-annual and annual portfolio reviews, work closely with the Program Office.
- Assist preparation of materials for FTF annual Portfolio Review with Washington.
- Work with support offices and other REGO team members to prepare accurate documentation for portfolio reviews.
- Ensure that printed packets, presentations and materials are ready for Portfolio Reviews.
- Document the portfolio review by preparing minutes to capture issues, discussions and recommendations.
- Prepare Action Trackers to monitor quarterly the progress toward completing tasks.
- Coordinate Reporting and Communication/Outreach (10%)
- Collaborate with REGO team members and other offices, including the Development and Outreach Coordinator (DOC) to develop Communication and Outreach Materials, including success stories and major results.
- Liaise with offices and the DOC to prepare communication packets for visitors.
- Assist teams to prepare newsletters and communications, including FTF newsletter, STIP newsletter and other communications.
- Track and elaborate on main results achieved, provide synopsis for cables or other communication.
In order to be considered for the position, a candidate must meet the Minimum Qualifications. Applications will be pre-screened and only those that meet the Minimum Qualifications will be considered. These are the minimum qualifications necessary to be considered for the position:
- Education: Completion of bachelor’s degree in a social science, business, economics, and public administration or related field is required.
- Prior Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in development- related work, which has included working with teams to manage and report on projects and programs, preparing financial documents for project procurement and/or revisions, writing reports, analyzing budgets is required
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in English is required. USAID reserves the right to test language capability.