The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Head of Project – Agricultural Sector Strengthening you will be managing a World Bank funded project focusing on strengthening the Agricultural Sector in the Central African Republic through the provision of capacity building services to selected departments of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MADR). Through this project you will contribute to the revival of agricultural production in the target areas and enable the beneficiaries to earn a living for themselves and their families but also contribute to a more robust Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development ready to face shocks inherent to the general operating context.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Preparing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly internal reports and reports to donors
- Managing the project team and all activities related to the project
- Develop support plans and strategies aimed at improving the capacity of farmers’ groups and cooperatives
- Develop and propose techniques to improve governance within MADR
- Implementing appropriate teaching and learning strategies, orientation mechanisms and lesson/work plans to communicate contents to the target groups
- Propose strategies towards organisational development of target groups and beneficiaries
- Ensuring that all relevant infrastructure is in place
- Establishing good working relationships with donors, ministries, communities and other stakeholders
- A university or polytechnic degree in the field of Agriculture
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management of complex projects from different sectors (education and agriculture)
- Experience in Organisational Effectiveness and Institutional Support
- World Bank Donor experience would be an advantage
- Proven Experience in working with Government’s ministries
- Excellent coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Hands on mentality
- Excellent spoken and written French and English, German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 23, 2020 by following this link. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.