Welthungerhilfe Seek MEAL Coordinator Bangui, Central African Republic
|Years of experience
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As MEAL Coordinator you will be expected to strengthen and provide strategic leadership to Welthungerhilfe’s country office in CAR for Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability (MEAL) Policies and Procedures, ensuring cross-learning among projects, creating systems for accountability to beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders, and to build capacity of MEAL staff. You will will work closely with the Head of Programmes to ensure that all programmes/projects comply with Welthungerhilfe’s global MEAL systems, standards and good practices.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation strategy and operational plan for Welthungerhilfe country programme
- Monitor and report on progress of Welthungerhilfe country programme; develop a monitoring dashboard that keeps stakeholders informed on project progress
- Develop the overall framework for project M&E; coordinate the M&E process in all ongoing projects
- Help revise project planning documents, particularly with regard to the objective hierarchy and indicators; ensure the integration of Welthungerhilfe core indicators
- Assist to develop project M&E plans; ensure that Welthungerhilfe methodological guidelines are taken into consideration; review project M&E and project progress reports
- Ensure and assist with qualitative project monitoring
- Organize and conduct project evaluations; ensure the writing of management responses
- Develop a plan for project related capacity-development on M&E; organize and undertake training for project and implementing partner staff, local organisations and primary stakeholders
- Ensure coordination between the M&E strategy and Core Humanitarian Standard
- A university/polytechnic degree in the field of Statistics, Nutrition, Agriculture or related sciences
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in the MEAL sector coupled with project management of complex projects of different sectors (Food Security, Nutrition, WASH, Infrastructure)
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, capacity building of others
- BMZ Donor experience and knowledge of other institutional donors’ requirements, procedures and reporting demands is an advantage,
- Hands-on mentality
- Excellent communication and writing skills in French. English/German is an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under
We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.*
How to apply
Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.